Sunday, July 11, 2010

Katina Jones

Katina Jones
English 20
Cerritos College
Post #3

The Allegory of the Cave

This story was extremely difficult for me to understand . I had to read it several times. The quote in line 19, "When he approaches the light his eyes will be dazzled, and he will not be able to see anything at all of what are now called realities"stood out to me the most. It brefly explains to us reader that regardless of what happens if he is able to see the outside world, he will still be confuse because he was never taught what reality is. It was so sad to know that they were being chain from their necks and even their foot. They also had fire in front of their face and I can relate to that because its hurts my eyes when im standing in front of a Barbeq pit. Being control by puppets can be boring and fustrating to look at all day everyday so I can imagine how they feel on a daily.This story translates to me in a message stating that if I dont control myself someone else would and they not gone always teach you the good things in life.If I would have started following society and not my own thoughts who knows where I would be at right now.However, I do not knock those who do follow I just tend to handle my decision differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment